Can you be a carrier of HIV w/o becoming pos?

I have been told that I am a "carrier" of HIV. I do not have a detectable viral load, my T-cells are at a "normal" place, and I have had no symptoms. My exposure was over 2 years ago, but certain tests show that it is in my body but not affecting my body. Is my doctor correct or clueless? =)

Not sure what that terminology represents. I assume that your HIV antibody test is positive. If that is the case, then you have HIV infection. Some people with HIV infection do indeed have "undetectable" blood viral loads and relatively normal CD4 counts. People in this situation have been classified as nonprogressors, particularly when several years have passed and no decline in CD4 counts has occurred or symptoms have developed. Despite the "undetectability" of blood viral load, HIV is present, and can show signs of replication in lymph glands or other organs. MH

aids
more than 100 subtypes of hiv virus???