Oct 15, 1998
How is aids transferred by having sex?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The HIV virus exists in two basic forms. As free virus and inside certain kinds of cells. HIV can be found in blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and sometimes in the mouth or around the anus/rectum. During sexual activity these bodily fluids can be shared passing the virus from an HIV infected person to someone else. The virus quickly gets into the blood stream and lymph glands of a person and infection results. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Std's
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.