Oct 15, 1998
How is aids transferred by having sex?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The HIV virus exists in two basic forms. As free virus and inside certain kinds of cells. HIV can be found in blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and sometimes in the mouth or around the anus/rectum. During sexual activity these bodily fluids can be shared passing the virus from an HIV infected person to someone else. The virus quickly gets into the blood stream and lymph glands of a person and infection results. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex With Condom
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.