Nov 2, 1998
Have the incidents of HIV-2 increase in the USA in the last two years. I have noticed that an old CDC report indicated that there where about 100 people with the type of HIV in the USA. There seems to be an alot of questions about this?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There have been a few more cases reported. Because of the limited geographic localization of this infection in Western African countries, there has not been the spread into the US as there has been with HIV-1. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Seroconversion
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.