Tested Negative at 3 months after swoolen Gland

DR, Thankyou for reading my Question! After a low risk fingering incident in July 1998, I came down with a swollen gland on my side of my face, near my side burn, it went away in a couple of days but then one gland swelled up in my neck,under the other one and went away in a couple of days. This ocurred about 6 weeks after the fingering incident, I tested negative on October 14th (Elisa). What I want to know is does the Hiv virus hide in your glands making Antibody production difficult. Thanks

No. If HIV infection is present, antibodies will develop in virtually all people within 2-6 months after exposure. There have only been a handful of people in whom HIV infection was present and antibodies were not found in the blood. In those cases HIV was found by other means in the blood (culture or viral load testing). MH

reverse transcriptase
Just how many people have HIV?