Nov 24, 1998
Is there a way of dating when one was infected by the virus perhaps approaches like carbon dating is used else were?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Partially. During acute infection, we believe there is one infecting strain for the most part. Over time, this strain evolves to multiple strains. They are slightly different genetically. By sequencing the virus, one can see how different the strains are that have evolved. Based on the replication rate of the virus, you can come to some gross estimates of evolutionary time. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
- Blood Taken With Dirty Needle
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.