Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Another question on cell theapy
Dec 3, 1998

I've been reading your answers to many of the questions asked int this forum. I'm greatly interested in the cell therapy where untainted cells are removed, multiplied, reenginered and reintroduced into the body,having been genetically manipulated to attack and destroy any HIV infected cells. We've discused this at great length and would like to be directed to the right sources of information. We've thought of the plus and minus' of such an endeaver. I'm afraid our curiousity is getting the better of us. Our debate is whether or not it would be more practical to try this therapy-not that we can or will- on HIV infected children . We are looking at this issue fully in the face. We are doing what we can; the best we can. Our one major concern is,'Would to much energy be directed to growing to adaquetly help repopulation of normal T-cells?' Thanks for all hard work and allowing,we,the humble multitudes to pick your brain.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

As a previous person who wrote to me stated look at http://www.cellgenesys.com/research/ for studies ongoing using this approach.

MH

Previous
Sinusitis
Next
Virus dating

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.