HIV testing and vaccination

Dear Doctor,

Three months ago, I exposed to the virus. I took Elisa test and the result was negative. But I took the test while being vaccinated Hepatite B. My questions are:

Does the vaccination alter my test result? Should I get retested? ( My doctor told me I was OK)

Thank you very much

There is very little data published to know whether vaccination at the time of HIV exposure affects HIV antibody production. In my opinion, a person should be able to make antibodies to both viruses if they were exposed to both at the same time. If this was truly a "high risk" exposure, it is not unreasonable to get retested in 3 months. MH

bDNA tests
Sinusitis