What happens in the lab after the specimens are sent?
Dec 14, 1998
I have HIV and I am doing a report for a class I am taking so I would just like to know what happens to the specimens after they are sent to the lab, I mean all the technical stuff that goes on?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It's a little beyond the scope of this forum. I refer you to the CDC.gov website which has a nice explanation of tests. If you need the technical jargon on the tests, the references from some of the articles on that website will have the exact lab procedures. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes Behind By Ears
- Getting Hiv From Being Fingered In The Butt
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.