THRUSH

DOC,I AM NEGATIVE BY ELISA TESTS FOR 8 MONTHS BUT I HAVE A QUESTION CONCERNING THRUSH. DO YOU THINK IT IS POSSIBLE/LIKELY THAT ONE WILL HAVE THRUSH FOR 7 STRAIGHT MONTHS JUST ON THE BACK OF THE TONGUE ONLY AND IT NOT SPREAD ATALL TO CHEEKS, HARD PALATE, SOFT PALATE OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.WOULD IT JUST STAY ON BACK OF THE TONGUE AND THATS ALL AND NEVER SPREAD?IS THIS THE WAY IT PRESENTS ITSELF IN MOST CASES?,MY DOC SAYS IT IS NORMALLY ON THE SIDES OF TONGUE, CHEEKS AND PALATE BEFORE IT EVEN GOES TO BACK OF THE TONGUE?I TRUST HIM, BUT HE IS CERTAINTLY NOT A HIV SPECIALIST AND I REALLY VALUE YOUR OPINION.COULD YOU GIVE ME THE DETAILS ON THIS QUESTION, PLEASE.IF A DOC. WAS LOOKING UNDER MICROSCOPE, WOULD IT BE EASY FOR HIM TO TELL IF I HAD IT?DOES THRUSH NORMALLY HURT IF SCRAPED WITH SOMETHING?MINE DOES NOT HURT TO SCRAPE. ALSO, YOU MADE THE COMMENT THAT MOST CASES SHOW POSITIVE BY 4 WEEKS, COUD YOU SAY ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE SEEN DO THIS?PLEASE BARE WITH ME, I KNOW IT IS SO AGGRAVATING, BUT I AM GOING THRU ALOT AND REALLY WORSHIP YOU RIGHT NOW!!!THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN!

It is possible, but would be unusual for thrush to only be in one spot on the tongue. It usually scrapes off easily and can be diagnosed easily by looking at the scraping under a microscope or growing the yeast in a culture. If localized, it is usually not painful. If widespread in the mouth, tongue or throat, it can be very painful. MH

Viral Load As It Relates to Infectivity
What is What