just a comment

hi, it is me: thoe one who was sooo anxious about my PCR test, they called me today and told me that the tube they used to draw the blood in was the wrong tube and they will have to have me come back to do it all over again. (a 1 and 1/2 hour drive. I was disgusted. What does the tube have to do with it, doc? BLOOD IS BLOOD,RIGHT?Oh well, you guys wont be hearing from me w/ my results tomorrow, but i guess i will go back and have it redrawn. I will get the results next week. The nurse made the comment that "well, you know it is fine, so it is just for your peice of mind that we do it anyway" well, i guess she is saying YOU DONT NEED IT NOWAY!!!!Dr. Holonday, is that also your opinion because i honostly dont think i can take another wait like that. Ihave been OUT OF MY MIND as you all can tell. I cannot do this again. DO YOU ADVISE ME TO?...............THANX..

Different blood tubes have different chemicals in them that causes blood not to clot. Each kind of tube has a different colored top, like a universal code that is the same everywhere. Some of these chemicals can inhibit the viral load or PCR test and cause a false negative. Better to have it redrawn than to have bad data. For your piece of mind get the test. MH

platelets
A different type of question