|HIV 1 AND HIV 2
Feb 9, 1999
Dear DR The ELISA test we have been talking all this time will pick up HIV 1 and 2? how comon is HIV 2 in the US. Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
As 10/98, 79 cases have been reported in the US. Only 2 in people born in the US (although they could have been infected elsewhere). The rest are from Africa/India. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cytomegalovirus And Natural Treatment
- Hiv Transmission And Fingering Rectum
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Infected Blood?
- Hepatitis C Borderline Test Result
- In Hiv If High Levels Of Protein Is Detected In The Urine Would I Have An Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.