WHITE BLOOD COUNT

HI DOC, ON A LIGHTER NOTE, I AM NEGATIVE SO FAR AS YA KNOW BUT IN OCT. OF 1998 I HAD MY WHITE BLOOD COUNT CHECKED AND IT WAS 8.7 THEN AGAIN IN NOV. AND IT WS 6.6 ( I HAD BEEN ON ANTIBIOTICS AT SOME TIME ROUND THEN) AND THEN CHECKED AGAIN IN DEC. AND IT WAS 8.0 AND AGAIN IN JAN. IT WAS 6.4 AND NOW IT KIND-OF SCARES ME IT IS DOWN TO 5.1. IS THIS NORMAL FLUCTUATIONS OR IS THIS A SIGNIFICANT DROP? IT SEEMED LOW TO ME (LIKE IT IS ON A STEADY DECLINE) SO, WOULD THAT ALARM YOU (THE 5.1 COUNT THAT I HAD THIS WEEK)SHOULD I KEEP CHECKING IT OR JUST BLOW IT OFF AS NO BIG DEAL?I HAVE HAD DOCTORS TO TELL ME IT CHANGES LIKE BLOOD PRESSURE (VERY FREQUENTLY) AND I UNDERSTAND THAT IT JUST SEEMED LIKE MINE WAS HEADING DOWN HILL. I WONDER WHY????? ALSO, IT SAYS POLYS:37 (NORM. RANGE IS 40-74 AND EOS:10 HIGH (NORMAL 0-7) WHAT IS THAT? I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS. THE EOS ABSOLUTE VALUE IS:0.5 HIGH (NORM. IS 0.0-0.4)EVERYTHING ELSE WAS NORMAL SO CAN YOU TELL ME IF SOMETHING IS WRONG????/I WAS REAL CONCERNED ABOUT THE WBC.THANK YOU.

A normal range for white count is about 4.5-10. It changes in all of us daily and at different times of the day. Infections, medicines, recreational drugs, and other diseases can all contribute to these changes. These values are just outside normal, and nothing to worry about. MH

Viral Load
PAROTID GLANDS