Feb 16, 1999
I had my first viral load test which came back 190000/ml that seems awfully high! My t-cell count is 893 which seems pretty good. Can you explain how I can have a tcell count so good and a viral load so bad?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The major reason would be you are either in the acute stage of HIV infection or early chronic phase. This is good (if there is any good with this infection) because you have sustained very little immune system damage at this point. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose During Seroconversion
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.