Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Surgery and Then some
Feb 19, 1999

Hi Doc, sorry this isnt a Viral Load question, but i respect your opinion, so i figure i'll ask you. Sometime ago i had major surgery, Some of my bloodwork was out of whack, WBC% was 11.1 Neutrophils high at 90.10 Segmented Neutrophils at 84, Lymphs rather low. Ofcourse, the surgery went on and i wasnt informed of these numbers until i ordered my records, bing rather scared, i called my primary doctor who felt confident that if anyone in the hospital was concerned about the numbers i would have at the very least been told by someone to get "looked at" do you agree with his rational? he also said that in times of stress that neutrophils will just make up a larger portion of the total blood count, and the lymphs would drop, nothing unusual, your thought please.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I completely agree with his second explanation. It should be the case that the docs in the hospital should keep you informed. Depending on their experience, comfort level, knowledge base and bedside manor, this may or may not happen. MH

Previous
non hodgkins versus hodgkins
Next
possible cloning treatment?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.