Epstein Barr Virus

Hi Doc, Is there any relation between testing pos. for the Epstein Barr Virus and having high titers/antibodies and showinga past infection (it wasnt a current infection my doc said) it was like chronic (if that makes sense) but anyway, does this have any relation to hiv? I am presently testing negative for hiv but i wonder if maybe having high titers to ebv is a redflag to hiv or is it just as common in negative people? thanks.

No red flag with HIV. Almost all of us in the U.S. have been exposed to EBV. A small fraction of folks can have chronic, infection. MH

HIV RNA
Other Illness?