Mar 1, 1999
could you tell me the liklihood of a person testing with the quantitive rna at 8 months after exposure and being <400 copies since they were on no meds? wouldent you expect the viral load to have been higher if the person was infected? (also negative on the antibody test) thank you so much.Yu have stated that during acute infection viral load can be very high but after this can be low so after 8 months where is it for most people without taking any drugs? thank you!!!!!!!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The negative antibody test at 8 months effectively rules out HIV infection. There is a danger in the interpretation of a negative ( MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.