Wierd Question

Dr. Holodniy,

I was looking through some information that said it is possible for someone to become infected with HIV and be able to fight it off. My question, if this is true, would this person be able to transmit the virus during this time and have you ever heard of this happening. Told you it was wierd. Also, I would like to thank you for the information you supply to all the people who write in. It really helps.

Not a wierd question at all. If we could document it well and find out why, that is the holy grail of an HIV cure. There have clearly been case reports of people who have had multiple exposures and not become infected. Some people with these exposures have evidence of cells which can react to HIV antigens, yet they are not infected (or at least have evidence of the virus present). It may also relate to their underlying genetics. Some people have cells that cannot be infected by HIV. MH

allergies..
cure in sight???