hidden reservoirs

I read an article in HIV Plus Magazine that referred to a recent study of several dozen partners of infected individuals who were antibody negative with current tests but for whom HIV was detected in hidden reservoirs like lymph nodes, brain, semen, etc. All these people were healthy and they seemed to keep infection in check. I believe that viral load was undetectable in the blood. Doesn't this have huge ramifications? It implies that you could be infected by someone who is antibody negative. It implies that you could be antibody negative for long periods of time but still be infected. It implies that you could become antibody positive spontaneously after being negative for years, if conditions suddenly become ripe for replication. Also, how could so many people be getting infected without showing antibody response? Please help shed some light on this! Thanks.

Can you give me a reference regarding the study that was cited? I'd hate to comment about this without more info. MH

White Male Heterosexual Sex Risks
allergies..