White Male Heterosexual Sex Risks

I know this is not in your area but I like you better than the other advisors on this website.

What are the stats for White Heterosexual men getting HIV from females through vaginal sex? Is it a high risk?

And...why do women have the propensity to get HIV more than men? It seems to me that HIV is hard for a male to get from a female.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The exact stats are hard to come by. The epidemiological data is hard to tease out because: there are so many more men than women that are infected; bisexual men are having sex with men and women; what sexual acts are actually (truthfully) being performed; the frequency of sexual acts (therefore number of exposures); number of different partners; is there intermittent codom use (lowering infection risk by some amount). You are correct that it appears that women seem more infectable than men. It may relate in part to more virus (inoculum in semen)coming in contact with a larger surface area (vagina, cervix, mouth) than what men would be coming in contact with. There is probably less viral shedding from the cervix, and less within the vagina (not studied well) coming in contact within the urethra in the penis (less surface area). MH

Unusual Subtypes
hidden reservoirs