|alt tests high liver enzymes
Mar 22, 1999
could high liver enzymes be a factor in being hiv positive, i was tested at a plasma center and permantly rejected because of alt tests, they said it was not hiv but i still worry.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although elevated liver enzymes can transiently be present during acute HIV infection, this does not occur in all people. It also does not persist in HIV infection, unless something else is going on. Most centers will test for HIV and hepatitis viruses, so I assume they ruled out hepatitis viruses as a cause of this abnormality. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute Hiv
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute/primary Hiv
- Chest Pain, High Liver Enzymes Associated With Acute Hiv
- Can You Get AIDS From Masturbation?
- Chance Of Getting AIDS From Licking Vagina
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.