Mar 26, 1999
What is the normal size of the glands under the chin? How large are these glands to be consisder as swollen? If they are swollen, are they hard or soft(spongy), are they sore? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In someone without infections, you usually can't feel them. If they are reacting to something, they can be anywhere from the size of a pea, to a almond, or walnut. Usually with infections, they are firm, tender, but not rock hard. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Mouth A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.