Apr 12, 1999
This question does not deal with HIV but herpes. If you took a blood test 33 days after your last contact with someone would that be enough time to develop antibodies to Herpes? I heard it was 6 to 8 weeks. Thanks.
Should I get retested? Are the blood tests accurate?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The blood tests are accurate. It might be early for IgG antibody tests for herpes. If an IgM antibody test was performed, it probably would pick it up. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- What Is The Normal Range On Herpes 2 Igg Test?
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
- Uv Light For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.