Apr 12, 1999
This question does not deal with HIV but herpes. If you took a blood test 33 days after your last contact with someone would that be enough time to develop antibodies to Herpes? I heard it was 6 to 8 weeks. Thanks.
Should I get retested? Are the blood tests accurate?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The blood tests are accurate. It might be early for IgG antibody tests for herpes. If an IgM antibody test was performed, it probably would pick it up. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Gonorrhea?
- High Blood Protein And Hiv
- Can Anxiety About Hiv Lead To Hiv Symptoms?
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Shingles Occur On Both Sides Of The Face?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.