emergency room testing

About 3 months ago I went to the emergency room for uncontrollable bleeding from my uterus. My question is, do hospitals take an HIV test without your consent for there own protection. The reason I ask is they took 5 tubes of blood and I never knew what it was for.

In most hospitals, a consent is required for HIV testing. Given your circumstance, I could easily see 5 tubes being drawn for a blood count, blood chemistries, and type and cross match for transfusion. I would go to the hospital and request your records, from which you can see all the tests they did. Mh

Lymph Node Biopsy
Please respond