|emergency room testing
Apr 12, 1999
About 3 months ago I went to the emergency room for uncontrollable bleeding from my uterus. My question is, do hospitals take an HIV test without your consent for there own protection. The reason I ask is they took 5 tubes of blood and I never knew what it was for.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In most hospitals, a consent is required for HIV testing. Given your circumstance, I could easily see 5 tubes being drawn for a blood count, blood chemistries, and type and cross match for transfusion. I would go to the hospital and request your records, from which you can see all the tests they did. Mh
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.