Apr 16, 1999
This is in reference to herpes and not HIV. I am the person that asked you about the blood test for herpes. I took a test (IGG & IGM) 33 days after last contact and it came out negative. I also took an IGG antibody test 58 days after last contact. They did not test me with the IGM test?!?
If the test was negative, would this be enough time to rule out herpes (using just the IGG test)at eight weeks?
Thanks again for your help.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
An IgM test at 33 days and IgG test at 58 days should be positive. Doesn't sound like herpes was it. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Rubbing Penis
- Is Headache An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.