Apr 26, 1999
Doctor, please tell me what seroconversion is?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
When somebody becomes HIV infected it takes time for the body to recognize and begin to fight the infection. Part of fighting the infection is to make antibodies against HIV. The time period when that happens is referred to seroconversion (time of converting from negative to positive antibodies in the serum). MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.