Positive and need a Baby.
Aug 26, 2001
Hi! my VL is 50 and my cd4 is 261, I really need a baby, and can i try now? My VL was 3532 first, and cd4 was 80. Please i need your help.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This is not an easy issue to deal with and I suggest you discuss this issue carefully with an OB/gyne doc with experience in HIV-infected moms. The risk of transmission to a fetus in a women with a viral load of < 50 is extremely small, but we could never say zero.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob?
- Does Psoriasis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.