|False oral positives in presence of oral herpes
May 3, 1999
Is there interaction that could cause a false positive oral test for HIV if the subject has active oral herpes?
What are the percentage of false positives in general for oral HIV tests?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Very good question, but unlikely given the molecular sequence differences between the viruses. False positive rates for this test are probably less than 1 in 1000. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The First Test Given To Determine The Presence Of The Hiv
- Can Having A Herpes Outbreak Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Could Simple Cholesterol Test In Clinic Show Presence Of Hiv
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Nipple Sucking
- Are Cold Hands A Symptom Of HIV?
- Does Blood In Semen Mean I Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.