|Why no cure?
May 10, 1999
Why are some viruses (especially STD's and HIV/AIDS) not curable?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because they setup housekeeping inside long-lived cells in a latent (nonreplicating) state, inside tissues (brain, testes, etc) which are unaffected by the current type of drugs. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
- Is Painful Urination A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.