|how accurate is it
May 10, 1999
i'll get straight to the point - i had a low risk exposure and tested negative at 28 days using a pcr dna test.
is the result conclusive, if not, why do you think not - what are your doubts if any about the test?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
We have gone over this before. Until large clinical trials have been performed with serial DNA PCR testing during acute infection, we will never have the data to determine it's true accuracy in the early periseroconversion period. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.