Possible high t-cells?
May 11, 1999
Hi Dr. Holodniy,
Thanks for all the great work you anf your collegues do here! I have a question that I haven't been able to really get any kind of answer to. Do you know what causes 'coated tongue'(overgrowth of papilae) in HIV + people? This makes the tongue have a constant white appearance. I heard that it may be related to a high t-cells, but that didn't make sense to me. I would appreciate it if you could offer any insight.
Response from Dr. Hellerstein
Sorry, don't have an answer to that one. mh
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
- 24 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.