Effexor and testing

Hello Doctor Holodniy!

I know this question is a bit off topic, but I don't know who else to ask. My Doctor is away and the CDC doesn't know. I took a 20 week antibody test and it was negative. But to be 100% sure I'm taking a 24 week test via home access. But in the meantime I've been taking about 150mgs of Effexor a day and I want to know if this will effect antibody testing in any way. Also, do you think Home Access is reliable enough at 24 weeks? If thess tests (my girlfriend and I) come back negative we're going to start unprotected sex since we've been together six months in monogomy. The reason for Home Access is I don't want my employer to know I took an HIV test through my insurance.

Thanks!

To my knowledge this drug has not been specifically analyzed for any potential interference with HIV testing. It is unlikely that the drug would interfere with the assay. Also based on it's mechanism of action, it would not interfere with the production of antibodies if infection were present. The home acess test should be reliable. MH

Why not the Platinum Standard?
need help again