|Why not the Platinum Standard?
May 17, 1999
If the ELISA (antibody) and WESTERN BLOT (antibody) are the Gold Standard 1980's technology 99%+ (sensativity and specificity) why not use the 1990's technology Platinum Standard, PCR DNA viral load and WESTERN BLOT (antibody) 100% (sensativity and specificity). Why spend money on outdated technology when there is a better one. If we can save even one life isn't it worth it?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Show me the study in acute HIv infection that demonstrates a higher positive predictive value using that strategy and I will be convinced. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Elisa
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.