re:3 negative elisa'a

dr. i dont quite understand what this guy is sayinng.Is he saying he tested negative right after exposure 3 x's and was neg. or thruout these 12 yrs.?Is he saying that he was on AZT,etc. right after exposure and thats why he didnt develop the antibodies? I wish I could have understood what he was saying better. Mark, Last but NOT least, I really am so interested in YOUR opinion, when you hear these stories does it make u beleive that this is a epidemic that is out of control?This is not just about the 13 month man this is about ALOT of people that have wrote in. There are a few at the Treatment Forum and elsewhere at the Body.Just think af all the people who dont know when they were infected, who knows how long it took them to show up. Just think of all the people who dont know about this site, i mean there really could be literally millions and millions in U.S. alone with this and they havent a clue. If you beleived this was the case wouldent it almost be declared a state of emergency?I mean really think of how serious this is. Do you have any comment on this Mark?I personally am pregnant and have joint pain and have had OHL and have tested negative for well beyond a year.I do worry my baby will be infected. Please comment, please.....

I don't believe there is this epidemic. We do over 250 HIV tests/month at our hospital in very very high risk people (IV drug users, etc). We come up with about 1-2 positives/month. So we are screening 3,000 to come up with 20. This is not the general population, or people who have had 1 or 2 exposures. The risk for infection in those groups is extremely small. We are testing a group of people for the most part who have had multiple, continued high risk contacts. MH

HIV WILL BE AIRBORNE LIKE FLU
3 negative ELISAs over 12 years; now AIDS ???