May 20, 1999
Dear Mark what is ecchymosis . How is it associated with HIV and would a cbc with plattlet count and bleeding time pick this up in this disease . Thanx again
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Eccymosis is essentially bruising. It is a nonspecific finding related in part to platelet count and function and clotting factors in the blood. The tests you mention can help determine if there is a defect with platelets. It can be related to HIV disease, usually late in the course, where the virus or other associated infections have destroyed cells in the bone marrow which make platelets. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Could Autoimmune Disease Affect My Hiv Result
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.