May 25, 1999
Are there any estimates on how many people r infected with hiv-2(us and outside)? Would an hiv-1 ab screen(nyc) test for hiv-2? After finally being convinced of being hiv free,I'm now worried that my symptoms r due to hiv-2.Why isn't hiv-2 testing standard practice?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably < 100 people in the US have reported HIV-2 infection. Many commercial labs and hospitals screen for both HIV-1 and 2.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
- Severe Chest Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- 12 Week Test And Protected Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.