Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Effect of Alcohol on Antibody Production
Jul 8, 1999

Hi Doc, can I ask you a really quick question? I am a moderate drinker (I will normally have a drink or two with dinner). On some weekends, I may indulge a bit more (perhaps 3 or 4 drinks) if I go out somewhere that they serve liquor. I was wondering if this would have an impact on my body's ability to produce HIV antibodies. Or would I still fall in the normal range and most likely develop antibodies in 12 weeks? Oh yeah, I am also a cigarette smoker, but not that heavy. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a million. Bob.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

That amount of alcohol and cigarette consumption would not affect HIV antibody production. MH

Previous
Mono Question
Next
Futuristic Treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.