Jul 29, 1999
Is it possible to get mono more than once in a lifetime. I have heard several conflicting reports, my Dr. told me you could not, but then a co-worker who is recovering from mono, told me that her doctor said you could get mono more than once. Thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Different viruses can cause mono-like illnesses, so yes. And a small minority of patients who get EBV mono, can develop chronic infection with exacerbations of the disease. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis B Virus Detection Elisa Standard Laboratory Test
- Hiv Rapid Antibody Test At Week 10
- How Long Until A Cure For Hiv?
- What Not To Eat When You Have Thrush?
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.