|HIV 1 Vs. HIV 2
Aug 4, 1999
I recently took a Home Access test and the results were negative. After reading many of the posts in this forumn I am now concerned about HIV 2. What are the differences and how can I be tested for both? Background: Exposure was 3/31. Tested negative on 7/27.
Also should I continue follow up testing and, if so, for how long? Thank you for your help. You really are providing a great service.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Many commercial laboratories offer HIV-1/2 antibody testing. since I don't know what your exposure was, I can't comment on whether you need another test. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.