HIV 1 Vs. HIV 2
Aug 4, 1999
I recently took a Home Access test and the results were negative. After reading many of the posts in this forumn I am now concerned about HIV 2. What are the differences and how can I be tested for both? Background: Exposure was 3/31. Tested negative on 7/27.
Also should I continue follow up testing and, if so, for how long? Thank you for your help. You really are providing a great service.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Many commercial laboratories offer HIV-1/2 antibody testing. since I don't know what your exposure was, I can't comment on whether you need another test. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.