mono and hiv

Doctor Mark, can you help me figure out some answers please? I am so confused because I got mono about 2 months ago and 10 days later had many symptoms such as fever, loss of appetite, myalgia, sore throat, fatigue, and night sweats. This all went away about 2 or 3 weeks later, but then I was exposed to HIV (about a month later after getting mono) by receiving unprotected sex. I developed a rash on body and another sore throat with enlarged lymph nodes about a week later. I figured that this could be HIV so I got a PCR and P24 antigen test weeks later (about 3 1/2 weeks after exposure). THese tests were negative for HIV. My question is that due to the fact that I received mono a month before HIV exposure, could the mono's antibodies in my system somehow slowed or controlled HIV so that it didn't show up on tests or does it not have any relevance that I had mono in the first place?? In other words, does having a lot of antibodies for another virus slow down hiv or work against HIV infection or do only HIV specific antibodies slow or control hiv? I am worried that the mono's antibodies didn't allow HIV to repicate at regular speed thus the negative test results. Is it true that HIV antibodies don't slow or controll HIV, but rather simply tell one that they are infected due to their presence?? PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU ANSWER OR HELP ME OUT!!! no one knows or can help out.

We can be exposed to multiple things at the same time and develop antibodies to all of them. This is the underlying principle of vaccination with multiple virus vaccines at the same time. There would also be no cross reactivity between mono and HIV tests. The answer to the specific question you ask is unanswerable. It would require knowing that someone was infected with both EBV and HIV at the same time and following serial antibody tests. MH

last time I PROMISE please respond 1 last time
flu like symptoms