splash in eye, work related

Hi, thank you again for responding to all of my questions, YOu are a God sent.

Colostomy, incident.

I have one more question, The CDC is telling me that Hiv is not found in stool, What info can you give me on this issue?

Do you feel the Blood supply here is safe.

Should I be concerned about this person, if he was tested at 2 months. after his last blood transfusion, The nurses there are telling me that a test should show antibodies after 6 weeks. ( he has cancer, Does this slow the process of making antibodies?)

J Clin Microbiol 1995 Mar;33(3):581-8

Isolation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA from feces by a simple method and difference between HIV-1 subpopulations in feces and serum.

van der Hoek L, Boom R, Goudsmit J, Snijders F, Sol CJ

Human Retrovirus Laboratory, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

A simple method for the isolation and subsequent detection of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA from feces is described. Viral RNA was isolated by the method developed by Boom et al. (R. Boom, C.J.A. Sol, M.M.M. Salimans, C.L. Jansen, P.M.E. Wertheim-van Dillen, and J. van der Noordaa, J. Clin. Microbiol. 28:495-503, 1990), which was adapted for feces. HIV-1 RNA was detected by reverse transcription (RT) followed by a nested PCR encompassing the V3 region. Reconstruction experiments revealed that the efficiencies of the extraction technique and the subsequent RT-PCR were not considerably affected by the varied composition of feces. The method was applied on fecal specimens from 18 HIV-1-infected individuals, among which were samples that had been stored for 9 years. It appeared that HIV-1 RNA was detectable in the feces of 12 persons (67%). Viral RNA was present in the feces of persons who fulfilled the criteria for CDC class II and CDC class III HIV infection as well as in patients who were diagnosed with AIDS (CDC class IV). Direct sequencing of amplimers obtained from paired fecal and serum specimens showed that differences in sequence heterogeneity existed. In one patient a remarkable difference in the HIV-1 sequences between isolates from feces and serum was observed. In conclusion, HIV-1 RNA is frequently present in the feces of HIV-1-infected individuals, and in some cases the HIV-1 subpopulation in feces differs from the HIV-1 subpopulation in serum.

mono vs. hiv
Just want to clear things up