|mono vs. hiv
Aug 5, 1999
after receiving oral sex sex from a female worker, I came down with hiv symptoms. My ID tested and was neg. on antibody test (HIV-1,2),neg p-24,and neg.rna-pcr, all 12 months after exposure. My id says I have mono type illness (Now 1 1/2 years after incident). My question is could the mono antibodies be causing my hiv tests to be negative when in fact I'm really hiv+? By the way, I still have symptoms(tender nodes,low t-cell counts,sore throat).thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- CAN I GET MONO FROM ORAL SEX?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
- Chest Cold After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.