Aug 23, 1999
I was wondering if a person was exposed and infected to HIV 4.5 months ago would any abnormalities likely show up in a CBC test or a thyroid panel blood test at this point??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Thyroid no. Blood counts can be normal or show slight anemia and decreased white blood cells. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS By Having Sex With Two Different Men Back To Back?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Licking Anus?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Needle Stick?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Scratching Someone?
- Can You Contract HIV From Swallowing Blood?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.