LOW WBC and Anemia
Aug 26, 1999
Doctor on one of your answers today you stated that HIV can cause a low WBC with mild anemia a few months after infection. 1.Do most viruses cause this? 2. If one had a low WBC with mild anemia a few months after a possible exposure with joint pain and rashes on chest and back would you continue to suspect HIV after negative testing at the 6 month period? This has happened to me and I am getting nervous but I just tested negative at 8.5 months. 3. Could this be alot of other viruses..I was tested for CMV Syphillis, Hep and EBV all neg? My doctor told me that some people take longer to test positive and just retested me. But it was 8.5 months already. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Many can 2. Probably not. 3. Yes MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- California Laws On Notification On Aids And HIV
- Chronic Generalized Swollen Lymph Nodes Since Exposure
- Getting Hiv From Being Fingered In The Butt
- Has Anyone Got Hiv Through Deep Kissing And Genital Rubbing
- Hiv Antibody Negative After 11 Months White Tongue
- Hiv Rna Pcr Test 6 Weeks After Unprotected Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.