Feb 28, 2000
How long after being infected does it take to manifest symptoms and how long after that till a person is contagious to others?
How is the disease detected on some one not suspecting they have Aids?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Anywhere from a week to 4 weeks, and same for being infectious, as far as we know. HIV infection is detected by testing for antibodies against the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.