Feb 28, 2000
How long after being infected does it take to manifest symptoms and how long after that till a person is contagious to others?
How is the disease detected on some one not suspecting they have Aids?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Anywhere from a week to 4 weeks, and same for being infectious, as far as we know. HIV infection is detected by testing for antibodies against the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Hiv Transmission Per Sexual Activity
- Has Anyone Gone To Prison For Infecting Someone With Hiv
- Contracting Hiv Through Homosexual Intercourse
- If You Have Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Are You Going To Get Hiv?
- Viral Replication Of Hiv
- What Can You Do To Heal Sensory Peripheral Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.