HIV Vaccines available and effective?

In searching the web I see little about results of HIV vaccines started in '97. Do you have any summaries or can you refer to any website that focuses on vaccines? Also, since my lover's HIV test labeled two forms of the virus, would a vaccine specific to those forms be appropriate for me?

Two strategies continue to be worked on, preventative and therapeutic vaccines. The first is to prevent infection. The second is to enhance the immune system of those already infected. Types of vaccines have included subunit (envelop protein), whole killed (with part of the envelop removed). No live vaccines for obvious reasons. But other than hepatitis B virus, live vaccines remain the most effective ones we use. There has been little success in the last 10 years. Not a lot for me to recommend.

MH

Viral Load and transmission
Protease Inhibitors for detecting HIV?