splash in eyes work related

Hello me again, Thank you for responding so quickly.I have Another quest. (colostomy bag insident) I have been told that the virus doesnt live in fecal material. Is this true? I have also been told that it would take a large amount of blood to splash into my eyes. I have also heard that the virus dies outside of the body. How long do you think the virus could live in a colostomy bag in fecal material. My doctor has told me not to worry that it would take a clot of blood in my eye in order to infect me and since i didnt see any visible blood on my face or eye that I should not worry, Should I trust their advice or should I still be tested at three months. Do you feel that the blood supply in america is safe? Thank you again.

HIV has been found in stool, although I don't think there has been a report of infection from the exposure that you describe. Your doc is probably correct.Remember though, there are other viruses and billions of bacteria in stool. MH

I have a small problem!
Why do Heterosexuals get infected ?