Aug 12, 1999
Dear dr, When we say Open sores on the penis transmits HIV, what are we actually referring to? Does it include even a minor abrasion also? Please tell me what should we consider as open sores. Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Any skin lesion that results in broken skin. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Peripheral Neuropathy Reversible?
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching In Sauna?
- How Often Do You Need A Hepatitis A Vaccine?
- Can Hiv Transmission Happen By Touch?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.