|Feel Like A Guinea Pig
Aug 23, 2001
Dear Doctor, I took Post exposure prophylaxis after a known exposure. I have tested negative at 6 months out. Can I stop testing now or does PEP warrent further follow up testing. Please help clarify for me.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
As far as we know, PEP does not warrant further testing. However the studies are still ongoing, both in terms of seroconversion rates and followup.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Toxoplasmosis?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Foreplay?
- Can You Catch HIV From Mutual Masturbation?
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Can You Get HIV From Topping Without Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.