WHEN ARE THESE TESTS ACCURATE?
Sep 9, 1998
If I had an exposure in Feb of 98' and had an HIV ELISA and PCR DNA and RNA in July 98' would they show this virus or is it to early. I am just making sure I have ruled it out. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Five months after an exposure is more than enough time. DNA and RNA PCR tests would be positive within a couple of weeks after infection. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Wart Statistics
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.