|WHEN ARE THESE TESTS ACCURATE?
Sep 9, 1998
If I had an exposure in Feb of 98' and had an HIV ELISA and PCR DNA and RNA in July 98' would they show this virus or is it to early. I am just making sure I have ruled it out. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Five months after an exposure is more than enough time. DNA and RNA PCR tests would be positive within a couple of weeks after infection. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is An AIDS Test 2 Weeks After Exposure Accurate?
- How Accurate Is Dna Testing In Hiv?
- Bloody Pee After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.